is a collective voice of democratic, secular and progressive forces fighting against capitalism, communalism, fascism, gender-inequity and social injustice. It stands for civil, human and democratic rights of Dalits, tribals, nomads, women & children, workers of unorganized sector and other sections of Indian society which are disadvantaged and marginalized as a result of privatization, globalization, and enslavement of toiling masses.
The alliance places the issue of child rights on its highest priorities with wider perspective in mind that its attainment in totality is possible only through ensuring social and economic equity & justice.
APR is functional in the Delhi NCR (National Capital Region), India
A just society based on non-discrimination where all are living with dignity, enjoying all human rights and have equal access to resources.
Ek ayesa nayapurn, samman janak, bhedbhav rahit samaj, jisme sansadhno ke saman vitran ke saath samanta ho. (In Hindi)
To empower underprivileged and marginalized people to fight against social, economic and political neglect and exploitation, and ensure equal participation in governance.
· To fight for the rights of every child to survival, development and participation, protect them against all types of neglect, abuse and exploitation, and help them get equal opportunities for their overall development in the form of free and quality education, nutrition and health services.
· To launch collective campaigns against discriminatory, exploitative and anti poor social structure, system, legislations and policies, and protect & organize disadvantaged and marginalized people & communities such as all sections of unorganised sector workers, dalits, Denotified & nomadic tribes, women, minorities etc
· To work for empowerment of these communities / members through awareness, training, advocacy for appropriate legislations and direct social action.
· To seek & forge wider alliances with other like minded social activists, organizations and networks working on similar issues with an objective of launching a movement against all forms of social neglect, injustice and exploitation.
· To work against eviction of slums and communities and displacement of industries and market etc through any project / policies and to work for rehabilitation of all evictees and affected families as per UN Norms and to demand housing legislation for urban poor.
· Facilitate formation of children’s federation in Delhi
Do you think Delhi is treating their workers / labourers who work hard to make Delhi beautiful, build flyovers, build Metro etc being treated well, when their make shift houses / bastis / slums are being demolished?